Redwood Pediatric Therapy Associates (RPTA) currently has 6 Physical Therapists and 16 Occupational Therapists on staff working in clinical and school based settings. Our therapists are certified or specialize in a variety of areas including: Autism, Ayers Sensory Integration (ASI), Feeding, Beckman Oral Motor, Dynamic Movement Intervention (DMI), Handwriting Without Tears, Listening Program, Torticollis, and Zones of Regulation.
Karen Smith OTR/L CDRS
Karen Smith is a licensed Occupational Therapist who specializes in services for school-aged children and older.
- Graduate of SJSU and practicing as an occupational therapist since 1994
- Specialized training in sensory integration
and Sensory Integration Praxis Test (SIPT) Certified
- Specialized training in driving and special needs
- Skilled in working with children with attention deficits and/or on the autism spectrum
- Specialized training in helping children with self-regulation
Justine Alcocer MS OTR/L, SWC
Director of Clinic based Services,
Volunteer and Intern Coordinator
Justine Alcocer is a licensed Occupational Therapist who specializes in early intervention, and feeding skills.
- Graduate of SJSU and practicing as a pediatric therapist since 1992
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Specialized training in sensory integration and Sensory Integration Praxis Test (SIPT) Certified
- Specialized training in pediatric feeding
- Advanced practice certification in swallowing from the California Board of Occupational Therapy
- Has practiced in a variety of settings including private homes, preschool, grade school, hospital NICU, and private clinics