Redwood Pediatric Therapy Associates was established in 1994. With a staff of 26 therapists, it is the largest pediatric therapy clinic in the state, north of San Francisco.
RPTA provides three large sunlit therapeutic gyms, a full kitchen for eating skills development, and a pleasant waiting room. It’s natural colors and wood toned floors provide a calming environment for children and their families.
After being greeted by our experienced and helpful office staff, the child and their companion are guided into one of our three state of the art clinic rooms. With their high ceilings, floor area padded by mats, and multi-colored soft climbing equipment, the child is immediately enticed to explore movement guided by our experienced pediatric therapists. The unique overhead suspension lattice allows endless ways to hang specially designed therapy equipment and swings. Appropriate height table and chairs make table work easy and inviting.
Karen Smith OTR/L CDRS
Karen Smith is a licensed Occupational Therapist with an emphasis on school-age intervention and therapy.
- Graduate of SJSU and practicing as an occupational therapist since 1994
- Specialized training in sensory integration
and Sensory Integration Praxis Test (SIPT) Certified
- Specialized training in driving and special needs
- Skilled in working with children with attention deficits and/or on the autism spectrum
- Specialized training in helping children with self-regulation
Justine Alcocer MS OTR/L SWC
Clinical Supervisor & Co-Owner
Justine Alcocer is a licensed Occupational Therapist with an emphasis on early intervention, and feeding.
- Graduate of SJSU and practicing as a pediatric therapist since 1992
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Specialized training in sensory integration and Sensory Integration Praxis Test (SIPT) Certified
- Specialized training in pediatric feeding
- Advanced practice certification in swallowing from the California Board of Occupational Therapy
- Has practiced in a variety of settings including private homes, preschool, grade school, hospital NICU, and private clinics